Applications for Fall 2019 Scholarships are Now Open!
Apply Online Below!
Open to all undergraduate and graduate students seeking degrees in fields related to mining from
the University of Arizona including previous SME Tucson scholarship recipients.
Leadership scholarships may be awarded to students demonstrating outstanding leadership qualities in extracurricular activities, community service, volunteer activities, work, and/or family obligations
Quick Links: Apply Online | About Tucson SME Scholarships
1. Applicants must intend to become an employee in the
mining, metallurgy or exploration fields.
2. Applicants must be currently enrolled at the University
of Arizona with the intent to earn their degree from the UA and in good
standing with the college.
3. Undergraduate applicants must be enrolled for 12 credit
hours during the current semester. Graduate students must be enrolled for 9
credit hours during the current semester.
4. Applicants must be a member of the UA SME Student Chapter
at the time the application is submitted as well as the semester that the
scholarships are distributed.
5. Previous recipients are eligible to apply; however,
recipients of the Exceptional Leader, Outstanding Leader, and Future Leader
Awards are ineligible to receive the same award twice.
1. Complete the online application form below.
2. The Section requests that applicants not supply a cover
letter, letters of recommendation, or a resume with their applications.
3. Contact SME Scholarship Chair Ericka Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org with
- Applications must be submitted by 12:00 PM MST on Saturday, June 29, 2019
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by Monday, October 21, 2019
- Scholarship recipients are expected to attend the Annual Scholarship Fundraiser Dinner (date TBD). Students are not charged for their dinners.
REVIEW, SELECTION & AWARDS:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
- Applications will be evaluated by the SME Tucson Section Scholarship Committee with focus in four key areas:
1) academic achievement, 2) leadership qualities, 3) financial need and 4) mining career track.
- Previous scholarship amounts awarded have ranged from $500 to $3,000.
- All scholarship awards will be at the discretion of the Executive Committee of the SME Tucson Section, which reserves the right to select the number and amount of the awards based on the quantity and quality of applications.