Short Course - Geological Inputs to Integrated Planning
- The Lowell Institute for Mineral Resources is offering the a short course , titled "Geological Inputs to Integrated Planning". More information on this course below:
AZGS Annual Impact on Arizona's Economy
A new economic impact report shows that the products and services of the Arizona Geological Survey (UA AZGS) contributed nearly $32 million to Arizona’s economy over the past year – a 34-fold return on the survey’s FY-2018 state allocation of $941,000.
In Spring 2019, AZGS contracted with the Univ. of Arizona’s Eller School of Management graduate program to assess the annual contribution of our geologic products and services to Arizona’s economy. The results are in!
For more details, see today’s Arizona Geology blog post, “UA Arizona Geological Survey Activities Help Power Arizona’s Economy “ .
- Join us on July 10th at Barrio Brewing for our 6th Annual MineBLAST! The Young Miners of SME Arizona are putting together a charity raffle event and are looking for donations! More information on MineBLAST and the Young Miners Raffle below...
Economic Impact Survey - Update
Join SME & Our Local Section:
Visit the AZGS Site for interesting articles related to Geology in Arizona:
- Open-File Report evaluating metals and industrial minerals of the newly designated Santa Cruz Valley National Heritage Area. Click HERE
- Arizona Geology article on the next generation ofAZGS digital geologic maps. Click HERE
March 29, 2019 -- Women in Mining Arizona Chapter Inaugural Event!
- Women In Mining will be hosting their “Inaugural Event” on March 29th, 2019 5-7pm at the Hexagon Mining office in Tucson.
- More information on the event details can be found on the flyer attached. They will count with an excellent panel discussion of industry leaders:
- 1. David Rea, General Manager- Caterpillar
- 2. Katherine Arnold, Director of Environmental - Hudbay
- 3. Brittany Varela, Operations Manager - FMI
- Moderated by Brad Ross, Director IMR UA More information on the WIM AZ membership benefits, goals and strategic plan will be detailed at our Inaugural Event.
- Check out their website and social media platforms: www.womeninmining.us
March 6, 2019 -- 6th Annual Mining Day at the Capitol!
The Arizona Mining Association (AMA) along the Arizona Rock Products Association (ARPA) are hosting the 6th Annual Mining Day at the Capitol. This event is an outstanding opportunity to network with legislatures, agency leadership, and mining member personnel.
Participants of the event will learn more about mining’s positive impact on our great state and more! Contact email@example.com
if you would like to register for lunch ($20). Details below: